Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday, 6/17/08

It's almost midsummer. Today, driving along the street near our home, it was 103 degrees at 11am. Pretty warm for this time of year. But we'll have hotter. Soon enough.

Nearly 2 years since creating this blog, I have finally figured out how to edit it. Perhaps I am a slow learner. Or just a procrastinator. I couldn't find my username, actually. And resisted asking for it. So what is that about - I wonder?

I'm starting to avoid watching the news. If it isn't a constant barrage of political posturing, it's heartbreaking tales of fathers beating 2 year old children to a bloody pulp because they think they're demonic. Too sad to watch anymore. I wonder why those stories need news coverage. Are they news? Or just tragedy brought to the screen for the sake of generating dollars...

I'm tempted to cancel the dish subscription and return to the old days of 3 channels of TV. No more 24 hours of television. Something to ponder.

3 comments:

foxaz said...

I like the part about your head exploding, although it wouldn't be a pretty sight. Maybe your blog will inspire me to do mine more often. I can always hope, right?
Hardy looks terrific!

mydesertstudio said...

You know me, always with the drama!

Jody said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! It's much better than watching news TV! I never watch news before I fall asleep or as soon as I wake up. It's not a good way to end or start the day. Try HGTV instead. You can awaken to crafty shows and watch people hunt for new homes, along with new hopes and dreams, as you fall into your own dreamland.