Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The trouble with making plans

Ha. Change in lifestyle. If that meant gaining more weight and doing even less exercise, then I have achieved it. Yes, that must have been my intention back in the heat of July. Sure.

Time flies when you're having fun - and also when you aren't having fun. Like when the bottom drops out of the economy and you're not expecting it. Ouch.

As a consequence of this economy I have had to start cooking. We don't eat out as much as we used to. We had been ordering in and eating in restaurants A LOT and it had to stop right quick.

My husband bought me not 1 but 2 of the Barefoot Contessa cookbooks. He is definitely trying to tell me something. "Feed me something that tastes wonderful with lots of butter on it." I think that's the message. The first book has a picture of the BC kind of a little bit overweight. On the cover of her second book she is downright (and even a bit beyond) pudgy. Not a good sign.

I really like stuff in bags from the freezer like Bertolli entrees myself... those can fool pretty much any man into thinking you cooked. Just put on an apron and cook 'em in the oven in a casserole dish. Throw your bagged salad in the salad spinner and you're good to go!

Happy recession cooking...

1 comment:

foxaz said...

Aw come one, sis- you're a really good cook!
I really like your blog's new look.
Those bagged Bertolli's are really good.

I'm watching How Clean is Your House. That show makes me feel so clean! I probably need to watch You Are What You Est more often. Maybe it would shame me into diet action.

But probably not.